Best Laptops Under $400 – March 2023 – Buying Guide
Looking for the best laptop under 400 dollars? If you want the benefits and features of a laptop, and perhaps you have a defined budget of 400 dollars or less… you’re in the right place. You’ll be surprised what approximately 400 bucks can get you nowadays. There are plenty of brands, operating systems, and configurations to choose from. You can definitely get your hands on a laptop under 400 dollars that will handle all of your day-to-day tasks such as emails, web browsing, word processing, spreadsheets, etc. And you should be pleased to hear that they can also handle video chats, streaming movies and tv shows, and pc games.
- Best Laptops Under $400 – March 2023 – Buying Guide
- Best Laptop Under $400 – Quick List
- Best Laptop Under $400 – Reviews
- 1. Acer Aspire 5 Laptop – Best Overall
- 2. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Laptop – Best Lenovo with Windows 10
- 3. ASUS VivoBook 15 Laptop – Best ASUS with Windows 10
- 4. Acer Chromebook Spin 311 Laptop – Best Acer Chromebook
- 5. HP Chromebook 14a-na0024nr Laptop – Best HP Chromebook
- 6. HP Chromebook x360 Laptop – Best HP Chromebook 2 in 1
- 7. Lenovo Chromebook Laptop – Best Lenovo Chromebook
- 8. Samsung Chromebook 4 Laptop – Best Samsung Chromebook
- 9. HP B08LPJQKMC Laptop – Best HP with Windows 10
- 10. Dell Inspiron 3583 Laptop – Best Dell with Windows 10
- Related Articles
Note: Prices can fluctuate based on supply & demand, and current price may be somewhat over $400.
Best Laptop Under $400 – Quick List
- Acer Aspire 5 – Best Overall
- Lenovo IdeaPad 3 – Best Lenovo with Windows 10
- ASUS VivoBook 15 – Best ASUS with Windows 10
- Acer Chromebook – Best Acer Chromebook
- HP Chromebook – Best HP Chromebook
- HP Chromebook x360 – Best HP Chromebook 2 in 1
- Lenovo Chromebook – Best Lenovo Chromebook
- Samsung Chromebook 4 – Best Samsung Chromebook
- HP B08LPJQKMC – Best HP with Windows 10
- Dell Inspiron 3583 – Best Dell with Windows 10
Best Laptop Under $400 – Reviews
1. Acer Aspire 5 Laptop – Best Overall
The Acer Aspire 5 is a #1 seller right now for laptops, and if you look at all of it’s features you can see why. It has everything that most people want, such as a webcam, wifi, 15.6 inch screen, Microsoft Windows 10, and good battery life. We love the sleek design, vibrant screen, backlit keyboard, and SSD (Solid State Drive). The SSD in particular ensures that boot up times and accessing of files is lightning fast, compared to traditional hard drives. We like the integrated quad core processors which improves the overall speed. It even has Amazon Alexa built-in that is further enhanced with Acer’s Purified Voice Technology.
2. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Laptop – Best Lenovo with Windows 10
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 is also heavily sought after right now, and it was pretty recently released. The specs are very comparable to the Acer Aspire 5 and it can keep up with all of the same tasks such as web browsing, word processing, video calls, etc. What sets it apart, is that the IdeaPad 3 currently costs quite a bit less.
More for Less
“While it may be priced as an everyday-use laptop, the IdeaPad 3 is something much more. Bolstered by an AMD Ryzen Mobile Processor and solid state storage, this device delivers beyond expectations. What’s more, whether you’re working on your personal budget or preparing a spreadsheet, the handy numeric keypad will speed up your productivity.”
3. ASUS VivoBook 15 Laptop – Best ASUS with Windows 10
The ASUS VivoBook 15 is great at pretty much everything, including gaming. It actually has the highest specs of any laptop from this list. It has a vibrant Full HD 15.6 screen to get things started.
The 8GB RAM is twice the amount of a standard laptop, and the SSD (Solid State Drive) hard drive ensures that your boot ups are nice and speedy. It also has two 2.6GHz core processors that can be maxed out at 3.5GHz each.
What makes this laptop especially unique is it does not have a generic graphics card, it actually comes with a AMD Radeon Vega 3.
4. Acer Chromebook Spin 311 Laptop – Best Acer Chromebook
If you want a convertible laptop under 400 dollars that can pretty much do it all, you should take a serious look at the Acer Spin 311. It has four modes including: traditional laptop mode, display mode, tent mode, and tablet mode.
With all these modes this of course means this is a 2 in 1 laptop, it’s a laptop and a tablet with a touchscreen. The screen is even extra durable with Corning Gorilla Glass. The battery life is very good at 10 hrs, but again what really makes this laptop stand out is it’s versatility.
5. HP Chromebook 14a-na0024nr Laptop – Best HP Chromebook
If you want a more traditional laptop that has all the conveniences of a chromebook, there is no better brand to turn to then HP. Chromebooks are selling like hot cakes right now because of their ease of use and internet “centricity”. The price of this HP Chromebook is also incredibly affordable for just about anyone, and is actually currently under 300 dollars.
6. HP Chromebook x360 Laptop – Best HP Chromebook 2 in 1
The HP Chromebook x360 is incredibly ideal for students of all ages and people working from home. It’s great for video calls thanks to the built-in webcam, speakers, and wifi. You can take this handy touchscreen HP 2 in 1 laptop anywhere. It easily converts into 1 of 4 different modes including: laptop, tablet, tent, and display. You work and play pretty much all day long thanks to the long battery life. What more do you want for less than 400 bucks?
7. Lenovo Chromebook Laptop – Best Lenovo Chromebook
If you’re looking for the best chromebook under $400, then Lenovo Flex 5 13″ is our pick. It is a 13-inch convertible Chromebook that packs powerful and all the latest hardware inside a beautifully crafted lightweight chassis that weighs just 2.9 pounds!
It is powered by the latest Intel Core i3 processor with 4GB RAM and 64GB SSD, which outputs adequate performance for most users’ daily requirements. It can easily handle chrome with around 15 tabs and few other apps running in the background. So, it’s no slouch. Apart from that, the laptop comes with a beautiful 13-inch full HD touchscreen display, which also supports pen input, making it a great option for students to take notes. However, the pen is not included in the box, and you’ll have to buy it separately. Moreover, the laptop’s hinges allow smooth rotation of the screen to use it as a tablet or in other positions. There’s no unnecessary friction or stops in between the hinges’ operation.
With an excellent backlit keyboard, all the required ports and slots, including the micro SD card reader to expand its low storage, and battery life of up to 10 hours, the Lenovo Flex 5 13 Chromebook is a complete package for people who prefer Chrome OS over Windows.
8. Samsung Chromebook 4 Laptop – Best Samsung Chromebook
Chromebooks are getting bigger and more premium all the time, but a lot of people still just want a cheap way to get online. That’s where the Samsung Chromebook comes in.
The Samsung XE310XBA-K03US is actually one of the lowest priced and highest specs chromebooks we have listed. Especially the 6GB of RAM, which is tough to find in a laptop under 400 dollars.
The Samsung Chromebook is light, durable, has Google Assistant built-in, speedy wifi, webcam, and a long-lasting battery. What more could you ask for from a Chromebook?
9. HP B08LPJQKMC Laptop – Best HP with Windows 10
This is one of the latest releases from HP, and it has obtained almost perfect reviews on Amazon. This is a very likable laptop, especially if you are a student or simply want an affordable Microsoft Windows laptop that is great for all your standard tasks. It has no problems browsing the web, reading and writing emails, creating spreadsheets, word processing, streaming content, and video calls.
The HP B08LPJQKMC is completely brand new, but if you don’t mind a professionally refurbished (renewed) laptop, and want some higher specs, we currently recommend the HP Pavilion 14-DQ100.
The built-in hard drive for the HP B08LPJQKMC is 64GB, but HP has generously included a 128GB SD card to increase your total storage capacity to 192GB. Amazingly this laptop is also bundled with a free HDMI cable, USB extension cord, mouse pad, and 1 year of Microsoft Office 365. It’s currently available in a variety of colors to choose from.
10. Dell Inspiron 3583 Laptop – Best Dell with Windows 10
The Dell Inspiron 3583 is a sleek and affordable Microsoft Windows laptop with a good sized 15.6 inch screen. The 128GB SSD (Solid State Drive) will ensure that the laptop boots up quickly, as well provides speedy access to stored files. This Dell laptop is another good all around pc, that you will quickly feel at home with browsing content online and making video calls.
- Best Laptops Under $600
- Best Laptops Under $700
- Best Laptops Under $800
- Best Laptops Under $2000
- Best 2 in 1 Laptops Under $300
- Best 2 in 1 Laptops Under $400
- Best 2 in 1 Laptops Under $500
- Best 2 in 1 Laptops Under $600
- Best Laptops for Programming
- Best Laptops for Graphic Design
- Best Laptops for Photo Editing
- Best Laptops for Streaming
- Best Desktop Replacement Laptops
- Best Laptops for Web Design and Development
[…] Best Laptop Under $400 […]