The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 7.0.0 Beta 2. This is the fourth pre-release of the new PHP 7 major series. All users of PHP are encouraged to test this version carefully, and report any bugs and incompatibilities in the bug tracking system.
THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT PREVIEW – DO NOT USE IT IN PRODUCTION!PHP 7.0.0 Beta 2 contains fixes for 28 reported bugs and altogether over 200 commits with various improvements.
PHP 7.0.0 comes with new version of the Zend Engine with features such as (incomplete list):
- Improved performance: PHP 7 is up to twice as fast as PHP 5.6
- Consistent 64-bit support
- Many fatal errors are now Exceptions
- Removal of old and unsupported SAPIs and extensions
- The null coalescing operator (??)
- Combined comparison Operator (<=>)
- Return Type Declarations
- Scalar Type Declarations
- Anonymous Classes
For more information on the new features and other changes, you can read the NEWS file, or the UPGRADING file for a complete list of upgrading notes. These files can also be found in the release archive.
The next release will be Beta 3, which is to be released on the 6th of August. You can also read the full list of planned releases on our wiki.